Greek Omelette anyone? I love eggs. I am a little bit like Gaston from beauty and the beast, except that I don’t eat them raw, and I do not look like him, but I do eat a lot! I decided to make an omelette Greek style! So turn up the volume of Zorba the Greek and let’s get cracking!
If you liked this recipe check out my post How to make a Greek frappe!
Greek Style Omelette
- 1 white onion
- 1 courgette sliced
- 225g halloumi
- 3 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 medium/large eggs
- handful tomatoes
- 1 red or yellow pepper sliced
- sprinkling of oregano
- In a large frying pan, add sunflower or vegetable oil, enough to fully cover the onions and potatoes.
- Add in the onions first. Then the potatoes. Leave for 10 to 15 minutes on high heat until caramelised.
- In another non stick pan, fry the courgettes, the halloumi and the peppers. Sprinkle some oregano. Lastly add the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, crack 6 eggs. Drain the onions and potatoes, and save the oil. Place the onions and potatoes on the top of the eggs. Add in the halloumi, the courgettes, the peppers and the tomatoes. Add in a pinch of salt. Give the mixture a stir with a spoon, don't whisk.
- Cover the bowl with foil and leave for 10 to 15 mins.
- In the non stick pan, add the mixture. Put on high heat for 2 mins, then low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Flip onto a plate and repeat this process twice. You can also place in the oven if you wish.
- To check its done, simply touch it, and if it bounces back it should be ready or pierce it with a knife to check.
- Plate up and enjoy with a greek salad, olives and delicious bread! Kali Orexi!
Don’t forget to pin on pinterest!