Tis the season to be jolly! I saw lots of truffle recipes and thought it would be really nice to create my own troufakia recipe. They were really easy to make as well! Enjoy!
Festive Truffles Troufakia Recipe
Gluten Free, Wheat Free
You will need:
150g dark chocolate
170g gluten free biscuits (digestive biscuits or whatever you prefer)
1 oz/ 28g crushed flaked almonds
2 oz/ 56g raisins or sultanas (optional)
1 oz finely chopped glace cherries or (optional)
120 ml milk or single cream
3 tablespoons whiskey or brandy
Powdered cocoa or chocolate sprinkles for coating
What to do:
1) Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a low heat.
2) Crush the biscuits. I added them to a plastic bag and bashed them, then put in a bowl.
3) When the chocolate has melted, add in the whiskey or brandy and then milk and mix in well.
4) Pour the chocolatey mixture to the bowl and add in the cherries and the raisins or sultanas.
5) Using a wooden spoon give it a good mix.
6) Place the bowl in the fridge for 2 hours.
7) Wet your hands with some water and them shape the truffles into balls. Roll the chocolate truffles in cocoa powder and chocolate sprinkles if you have them.
8) Place them back in the fridge until needed!
This mixture will make around 25 chocolate truffles. They will be a lovely homemade gift for friends and family this christmas.
Have you pinned this recipe? Check out my pinterest!