Volcano Cake. Check. Toy dinosaur. Check. All that’s left to do is add some candles, and we are good to go! My nephew celebrated his 3rd birthday this month, so once again, it was a dinosaur themed cake! This delicious chocolate volcano cake was decorated with chocolate eggs and drizzled with a chocolate glaze!
Chocolate Volcano Dinosaur Cake
- 200 g self raising flour sainsburys own
- 175 g butter, softened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 115 g plain gluten free dark chocolate melted
- 175 g brown muscovado sugar
- 270 g Chocolate Mirror Glaze
- 50 g white chocolate
- knob of butter
- red or orange food colouring
- 300 g chocolate mini eggs aldi
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 and grease a 7 inch silicone bundt shape cake mould.
- Sieve the self raising flour and cocoa together and set aside.
- Place the chocolate and milk in a saucepan and heat gently, stir occasionally until melted. Allow to cool a bit.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, vanilla essence and yoghurt. Beat in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour and cocoa.
- Place the mixture in the silicone bundt cake mould and place in oven for 35 mins.
- Once cooled, prepare the glaze. Place the chocolate in the microwave for around a minute, taking out after 30 secs and give it a stir.
- Pour the glaze over the cake. Let it cool down.
- Melt the white chocolate and butter together and mix in the red food colouring. Pour over the volcano cake.
- Place the chocolate eggs on and around the sides of the cake.
- Place in fridge.
If you liked this post you may want to see my dilly dinosaur cake recipe!
Don’t forget to PIN this on PINTEREST!