I absolutely love lamb pasta bake. As you all have probably guessed, I don’t like faffing when it comes to my food. I like making grub that tastes good and I try to use ingredients that don’t cost the earth. Bish bash bosh job done! This week, I made a lamb pasta bake, with courgettes, spring onions and parmesan cheese, with a few large spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt. I used British lamb fillet shoulder which was around £4.00 for 280g. You could choose another meat if preferred or not use any meat at all, and use other alternatives. I used the Greek yoghurt for my sauce, but you could add a pasta sauce if you wanted, or create a pasta sauce of your own. I then made a Greek salad on the side with olives and feta cheese, but I could have added in the olives with my pasta bake. The possibilities are endless! This is a great family meal and you could also use this dish if you have any leftover lamb or chicken from a roast you had at the weekend!
Lamb Pasta Bake Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hour
You will need:
Lamb Fillet Shoulder (280g)
1 courgette sliced
parmesan cheese or other cheese if preferred
200g gluten free pasta
3 tablespoons Greek Yoghurt
4 to 5 spring onions chopped
What to do:
1. Slice and dice the lamb fillet shoulder and pan fry with a drizzel of sunflower of vegetable oil or cook in oven at 180°C/160°C Fan until lamb is cooked through. Cover with foil.
2. Chop the courgette and the spring onions and fry in a little oil until softened.
3. In a saucepan, bring water to the boil and add the pasta.
4. Once pasta is cooked drain well.
5. Once lamb is cooked, add the lamb, the sliced courgette and spring onions to the pasta and mix in. Add the greek yoghurt, grated cheese, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Pour pasta mixture into an oven proof dish and sprinkle some parmesan over the top.
7. Bake in oven at 180°C/160°C Fan for 15 mins or until golden and crispy on the top.
Have you pinned this? Check out my pinterest!