I haven’t put up a fish dish in a while so thought it would be nice to make a yummy fish pie to warm the cockles of your heart! ♥
Fish Pie Recipe
Gluten Free, Wheat Free
You will need:
1 kg potatoes peeled and chopped
25g gluten free flour
400 ml milk
knob of butter
1 pack of mixed fish (cod, salmon, haddock etc) around 400g
1 cup of frozen sweetcorn/tinned sweetcorn
1 cup of frozen/tinned garden peas
Handful of grated cheddar cheese
What to do:
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to the boil and put the potatoes. Make sure the water covers the potatoes. Simmer until soft. Drain thoroughly and mash with a splash of milk and some butter. Season with ground black pepper and add cheese.
2. In a pan on low heat, poach the fish in milk, making sure you have enough milk to cover the fish. Poach until fish is soft and drain the excess milk into a jug.
3. Put the butter and flour and excess milk into another pan on a low heat until the butter has melted, stirring regularly. Cook for 1 -2 mins. If you want to add more milk, then slowly stir more in. Keep stirring to avoid any lumpy bits until it has thickened.
4. Bring water to the boil and cook the peas and sweetcorn (unless using tinned peas or sweetcorn).
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180 fan/ Gas mark 6.
6. In an ovenproof dish, spoon in the fish, the buttery, milky roux mixture and the sweetcorn and peas.
7. Spoon the mashed potatoes on the top to completely cover the dish and sprinkle the cheddar cheese. Pop in to the oven for 25 mins or until golden.
You can also cover and freeze the pie for another day!
Hope you like this recipe me hearties!
Have you pinned this recipe? Check out my pinterest!