Now I have heard quite a few frankly irritating statements and questions about Coeliac Disease over the years. I can’t believe how rude some people can be. I am sure most people are just curious but when you have answered the question over and over again it can get slightly annoying. So I have gathered the most annoying ones and have written the answers that I would definitely LIKE to say to these people. Enjoy!
1. So can you not eat any gluten?
For the 1000th time no I bloody can’t!
2. So what happens if you eat gluten?
Oh for goodness sake! Here, let me get the image up on google!
3. Do you want to get a kebab?
Would love one. But I can’t. Damn it!
4. Shall we just go for a stroll near that market and grab something to eat on the way?
Unless there’s a gluten free market stall then no, we can’t just go for a stroll and grab some food on the way. Idiot!
5. Can you eat meat?
6. Can you eat bread or pasta?
Again Yes. But gluten free!
7. Oh my god that looks disgusting.
Ok, but you’re not eating it. Get out of my kitchen!
8. I am so glad I am not gluten free. It must be so annoying!
You are annoying the hell out of me. Bugger off!
9. The menu is definitely gluten free. Wait, let me check. Okay so no, it is not made in a gluten free environment. Sorry.
You’re sorry? Try checking your bloody food menu before misleading customers!
10. But surely a bit of gluten won’t kill you?!
Gluten can be dangerous for some. Some people end up hospitalised because of it.
11. You gluten free people are so difficult.
Erm. You’re being difficult. Goodbye!
12. Why is the pizza you ordered so small?
It’s because gluten free means that they only makes small pizzas. They think that all of us are the size of a mouse.
13. Do you want salad?
14. Is there a cure?
It’s in a secret lab most likely. Who the hell knows!
15. Is it contagious?
Go don a protective suit if you feel that way.
And my ultimate favourite…
16. Can’t you just cheat and have some normal food?
N to the O to the NO NO NO!
So there we have it! Some of the most annoying things that people have actually said to me!
With that being said, if you do want to find out more about Coeliac disease, then do check the About me and What is coeliac? sections on my blog! There are also loads of useful websites out there to help you as well!
Let me know what irritating things people have said to you…