It’s crumble time! Fruity, tutty and delicious! Enjoy!
What you need:
5 Braeburn apples
125g organic blueberries
75g plain gluten free flour
50g rice flour
25g ground almonds
25g coconut flour
85g salted butter, chilled
60g demerara sugar
75g golden caster sugar
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C. Skin the plums and slice into small pieces. Peel and core the apples and slice. Wash blueberries.
2. Place 10 ml water and 10ml orange juice in a pan and add golden caster sugar and fruit.
3. Cook on low heat until liquid has reduced and fruit is soft.
4. Mix in a teaspoon of cinnamon to the pan.
5. For the crumble: In a bowl add all the various flours and the ground almonds. Add cold salted butter (cut into squares)
6. Rub together with your fingers until you have a breadcrumb texture. Mix in the demerera sugar.
7. Place the soft fruit mixture into an oven proof dish.
8. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit. Bake for 45 minutes until top is golden and crunchy.
Enjoy with ice cream or gluten free custard