Eat your greens! They are good for you! I have made a yummy courgette and asparagus quiche. I always try and use greens in my cooking as much as I can. Asparagus is packed with vitamins and minerals as well as iron, calcium, protein and fibre. Courgettes are low calorie and contain no saturated fats or cholesterol and have many benefits including improving digestion. Some people enjoy a quiche cold, but I actually prefer it hot.
Asparagus and Courgette Quiche Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins Recipe Serves 4-6
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian
You will need:
1 courgette (sliced)
A packet of baby asparagus
Half a pint of milk
sprinkle of salt and pepper
100g grated mozzarella
100g grated cheddar
Jus Roll Gluten Free Pastry 280g (or other gluten free pastry)
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 180º C/160° C Fan
2. Chop and fry the onions and courgette. Add asparagus to boiling salty water, and let it simmer on a low heat for around 5 to 10 mins or steam them. Set aside.
3. Roll out the pastry. Grease an ovenproof dish (mine was rectangular) and then lay the pastry inside. Place baking paper over the top and bake blind with baking weight balls for 10-15 mins.
3. Remove the dish from oven and remove the baking paper and baking weight balls.
4. Whisk the three eggs and milk together.
5. Add the fried onions and courgettes to the pastry, and place the asparagus around. Pour over the egg mixture making sure the pastry is covered and sprinkle over the cheese.
6. Place back in the oven for a further 15 mins until the egg mixture is set.
Have you pinned this? Check out my pinterest!