This cheese and spinach plait is perfect warm or cold and is very filling so could easily make a tasty option for lunch.
Cheese and Spinach Plait Recipe Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Nut Free
You will need:
1 bag of spinach (260g)
Filling of your choice (I used cheddar cheese, 1 chopped onion, 1 pepper and sliced ham)
1 egg and drop of milk (optional for the coating of the spinach plait)
What to do:
- Roll out the pastry. If you are using a gluten free pastry block, leave it at room temperature for a while as otherwise it is a pain to roll out! If you are using jus rol it is nice and easy as it is already rolled out for you!
2. Diagonally score the plait each side, making sure the scores are even on both sides. Score and cut a rectangular shape at the bottom and top of the pastry.
3. Fry the onion, the pepper, and sliced ham. In a large pan, on low heat, fill a quarter with water and cook the spinach until soft.
4. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC/ 160º Fan Oven
5. Remove any excess water from the spinach.
6. Add the filling including cheese and any other filling you wish to the pastry plait.
7. Plait the pastry so that it covers the filling.
8. Whisk one egg with a drop of milk and brush over the plait.
9. Cook for 25 mins until plait is golden and crispy.
Have you pinned this recipe? Check out my pinterest!