One simply cannot have a summer without a chocolate and raspberry roulade! The taste of the soft chocolate sponge oozing with whipped cream and raspberries is simply divine! It is easy to prepare and takes under 15 minutes to bake.
Chocolate and Raspberry Roulade Recipe Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins Serves 6-8
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Nut free
Please check ingredients on chocolate bars and cocoa powder if you have allergies.
You will need
For the sponge:
unsalted butter for tin
3 large eggs separated
125g/4.5 oz icing sugar sifted
50g/2oz cocoa sifted
extra icing sugar for dusting
250ml of double cream or whipped cream. (I used whipped cream)
50g dark gluten free chocolate (melted)
What to do:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 °C /160 °C Fan. Butter a square/rectangular cake tin. Line the bottom with baking paper and butter the paper as well.
2. Whisk egg whites in a bowl and sprinkle over half the icing sugar, whisking well until you have a stiff meringue.
3. In another large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and remaining sugar until pale and thick. Fold the whites into the yolks a third at a time, then gently fold in the cocoa powder in two goes.
4. Spoon the mixture into your tin and smooth the surface.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until set and springy to touch. Use a cake tester.
6. Lay a tea towel over a wire rack and sift over a thin layer of icing sugar.
7. Gently remove the sponge from the tin and place onto the paper, removing the baking paper.
8. Spread the whipped cream or double cream onto the sponge, along with the melted chocolate and sprinkle over the raspberries.
9. Using the tea towel, roll up the roulade starting with a narrow end.
10. You could add extra whipped cream or chocolate on the top if wished.
Have you pinned this on Pinterest? Check out my pinterest page!