I have been very good and have been eating a lot of greens, including spinach. Spinach is great for your diet and is beneficial for keeping your skin healthy and is rich in vitamins and even helps to promote hair growth. I decided to make some spinach tarts which would be great for a party or a picnic! So here’s how to make them!
Spinach Tarts Recipe Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
You will need:
1 bag of spinach (250g)
200g feta cheese
50g grated cheddar cheese
2 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon milk
Genius Gluten Free Puff Pastry 400g (or another gluten free puff pastry)
What to do:
1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C/140°C Fan
2. Roll out the puff pastry
3. Using shape cutters, (7.5cm) cut 12 circles to fit a 12 hole Yorkshire pudding tray. This will be the pastry case. Using a smaller shape cutter (5cm), cut another 12 shapes for the top of the tarts.
4. Lightly grease the 12 hole tray. Place the 12 large circular pastry cases into the 12 holes and bake blind for 5 to 10 minutes so the pastry bottom firms up.
5. In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of water and add in all the spinach and cook until spinach has wilted.
6. Drain spinach and squeeze excess water out. Add crumbled feta cheese and grated cheese to the spinach and mix in the beaten egg and milk. Season to taste.
7. Add a large spoonful of spinach mixture to each case, then add it’s pastry lid. I had some extra pastry left over so I cut some little leaves to decorate.
8. Brush the tarts with a little egg or milk and place in oven for 15 to 20 mins until they are golden brown. You may need a bit longer depending on your oven.
Enjoy your spinach tarts!
Have you pinned this? Check out my pinterest!