This is a handy little recipe for when you have bananas in your kitchen and they are looking a little bruised. Don’t chuck them, make a banana cake instead!
Banana Cake Recipe Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins
What you need:
2 or 3 over ripe bananas
4 oz soft margarine or butter
3 oz caster sugar
3 oz demerera sugar
2 oz sultanas (optional)
8 oz gluten free flour
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
What to do:
1. Put the bananas in a bowl and using a fork mash them down.
2. In a separate bowl, put the margarine or butter, and the two kinds of sugar. Use a wooden spoon and beat them together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Break the eggs and whisk in a small jug and then slowly add the eggs to the mixture.
4. Once egg has been beaten in, add the mashed banana to the mixture and the sultanas if you are adding them.
5. Add the flour and baking powder to the bowl, a little at a time, folding in the flour.
6. Pour the mixture into 2 loaf tins and place in the oven at 160°C and bake for 40 mins.
7. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
8. Sprinkle on some icing sugar for the finished masterpiece!
Enjoy going bananas with this recipe 😉
Have you pinned this recipe?