It’s almost December! So for this blogpost, I have made a christmas fruit cake using Tesco Christmas Cake Mix.
Christmas Fruit Cake Prep Time: 2o mins | Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Gluten Free, Wheat Free
You will need:
Tesco Christmas Cake Mix
85g butter or dairy free alternative if you prefer
2 large eggs
zest of an orange (optional)
60 ml orange juice
1 tablespoon brandy
What to do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160º C /Fan 140º C/ Gas Mark 3
2. Line the base and sides of a 6 inch baking tin with greaseproof paper or paper liner
3. In a large bowl, mix the butter and 40 ml of orange juice. Whisk the eggs separately and then add to the bowl with the dry cake mix.
4. Whisk together, and add in the brandy. Whisk again for 2 mins until everything is mixed in well.
5. Spoon in the mixture to the cake tin and bake for one hour 30 mins or until the cake skewer comes out clean.
6. Leave cake to cool for 20 mins then pierce it several times and pour the remaining orange juice until it is well absorbed.
7. If you want, you can make icing for the top.
8. Wrap well and enjoy!
For this blogpost I have linked up with Honest Mum’s Brilliant Blog posts!
Have you pinned this recipe? Check out my pinterest!