Do you have buckwheat flour and don’t know what to make? Well I have a buckwheat pancake recipe. Perfect for brunch, this is my twist on classic pancakes that are sweet, I had these pancakes with bacon and egg!
Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
You will need:
120g buckwheat flour
1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or salted if you prefer)
Grated cheese (optional)
¼ teaspoon paprika or something to add flavour
What to do:
1) Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and paprika together.
2) Beat buttermilk and egg in a separate bowl.
3) Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until batter is smooth.
4) Let batter rest for around 5 mins until bubbles form.
5) Melt butter in a pan. Dollop the batter into the pan, (I made large pancakes but it is up to you) and cook until bubbles form, then turn over and cook on the other side until browned.
6) For a breakfast/brunch, I cooked a fried egg and some bacon, and sprinkled some cheese on the top but you can make it with whatever you fancy!
Have you pinned this? Check out my pinterest!