It’s been a hot few weeks for most of us, and I have been enjoying the sunshine and eating lots and lots of strawberries! So here is a strawberry cupcake recipe for all those strawberry lovers!
Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins
Makes 12 cupcakes
Gluten Free, Wheat Free
What you need for the cupcakes:
125g/4.5 oz unsalted butter
125g/4.5 oz caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 capful vanilla essence
1 tablespoon milk (optional)
20g ground almonds
35g rice flour
35g coconut flour
35g gluten free self raising flour
3 strawberries, finely chopped into little chunks
To decorate you will need:
Icing sugar, water and pink food colouring for the pink icing
Gluten free melted chocolate (optional)
What to do:
1. Heat the oven to 180°C. Place paper cases in a 12 hole muffin tin or I used silicone cupcake bases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, and add the vanilla essence.
3. On a lower speed, add in all the different flours, milk and the ground almonds.
4. Mix well, then add in the strawberry chunks and use a spoon to gently mix them in the bowl.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases
6. Bake for around 20 mins until golden. You can check that they are baked properly with a cake tester.
7. Leave to cool.
8. Decorate the cupcakes however you desire!
Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea and soak up the suns rays!
Have you pinned this recipe?